Chef Robin’s handy waterproof pocket guide to foraging on the Pacific Northwest coast introduces novice foragers to 36 edible species found along our shorelines.
Sea Foraging Adventure
Fishing And A Picnic On The Beach, Anyone?
- Trip and Lunch Ages 13+
- Kids Field Trip Ages 5-12
LEARN WHAT YOU CAN SUSTAINABLY SEA FORAGE IN VANCOUVER, B.C. WITHOUT A BOAT!
Last year’s sold out Dine Out Festival sea foraging event is back. Chef Robin Kort will discuss how to forage for seaweed, fish, crab, sea urchins, sea cucumbers, clams, scallops, oysters, geoduck, mussels and lots more seafood in B.C. How your seafood tastes reflects the characters of the ocean, BC’s clean cold winter coastal waters are the best for seafood quality. Chef Robin will be talking about all her harvesting tips and serving you her famous foraged dashi chowder at the seashore. Bring all your questions and we’ll even put in our nets to see what we can catch.
- Intro to Sea Foraging talk with Chef Robin Kort covering; licenses, shellfish safety, cooking techniques and sustainable harvest practices and locations to find different seafoods.
- Crab casting demonstration to see what we can catch and identify.
- Beach walk to examine different clams, seaweeds, limpets, mussels and anything else we find along with cooking tip discussion.
- Let’s have a hot seafood lunch now and seaweed tasting.